Monday, January 02, 2006

ah, high speed

For the past three weeks, we have been subjected to the use of a dial-up modem to access the Internet. It was the most frustrating experience ever. I can't believe we used to put up with watching pages paint themselves on our screen. I was literally reading a magazine last night as I waited for the PoconoRecord.com to load.
 
They came this morning. Two men from Wilkes-Barre were here at 8:30 a.m. Ninety-minutes later and we're free! They freed us from that dial-up nightmare. With their shovels and cement, they planted a pole that would connect us with the rest of the world, faster. With a drill, they drilled the hole through my wall and I didn't care about the new house. I needed to be faster. I signed in four places and didn't bother to read the documents. I just wanted the man to leave so I could see for myself that I was faster.
 
And, it is. And, we're free again.
 
Thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home